Gasworks is seeking to recruit 2 artists to design and deliver sessions during the final year of a 3 year family learning programme, Even Better Together starting in March 2010 and continuing until January 2011.
Details of the programme:
- Building on the previous 2 years of Even Better Together, the programme will offer day long workshops to specific families recruited in partnership with local family support organisations.
-For year 3 there will also be more day long workshops open to bookings from any family living locally.
- Workshops will be offered to families with children of all ages.
- Workshops will respond to contemporary art using various techniques, presenting contemporary artists practices and viewing and responding to Gasworks’ exhibitions and residency programmes.
- This is a paid position, and fees will be agreed on a daily rate
- Artists will work closely with Gasworks’ Education and Outreach Coordinator in the design, planning and evaluation of the workshops.
- This programme is funded by the BIG Lottery fund
- Be a practising artist
- Have experience in working with children and families
- Have a Standard or Enhanced CRB disclosure
- Be efficient at planning and developing activities within budget to deadlines
- Be able to commit to running a minimum of 5 workshops during 2010
Pease include the following as part of your application:
- An up to date CV including your contact details
- A personal statement of no more than one A4 page, stating why you are interested in the position and any experience you have that you feel is relevant to the post.
- Contact details of one referee who can support your application.
Applications can be sent by email to Katie Orr or by post to Katie Orr, Gasworks, 155 Vauxhall Street, London, SE11 5RH.
Deadline for applications: Monday 11th January 2010
Interviews: Week commencing 18th January 2010
For more information on previous Even better Together workshops, please go to the Gasworks education and outreach web pages.
Gasworks is an equal opportunities employer.